The old Gaelic tradition of Oidhche Shamhna or Halloween is approaching which means its time for our annual Whisky, Fire and Song events. Now in its fourth year the weekend will kick off on Friday 2nd November with a fantastic night of music and song at the Distillery with Raasay Tunes featuring Calum Alex MacMillan from Lewis and Ross Martin from Arisaig. With our craft ales, fine wines and choice whiskies and gins, why not treat yourselves and stay in one our luxury rooms at the distillery? Make a special night of it by booking ahead for best rates.
Community events on Saturday commence at 3pm with the annual themed cake competition and face-painting at Raasay House before an early dinner service with their bistro and kids menus. Thereafter its Distillery for drinks at 6pm and traditional passing round of the quaich followed by torchlight procession with Raasay Fire Brigade guard of honour. Then at 7.30 it’s the Bonfire at the Boathouse followed by special Whisky Fire and Song dinner at Raasay House or back to the Boathouse for music and convivial chat.
Raasay Whisky, Fire & Song Weekend Schedule
Friday 2nd November 2018
- 20:00-Till Late – Raasay Distillery – Raasay Tunes with Calum Alex MacMillan and Ross Martin
Licensed Bar – Tickets £12 (book online >>)
Saturday 3rd November 2018
- 15:00 – Raasay House – Cake Competition Followed by Face Painting
- 16:00-17:30 – Raasay House – Early Evening Bistro, Bar, & Kids Menus (book a table >>)
- 18:00 – Raasay Distillery – Meet at Distillery – Licensed Bar
- 18:30 – Raasay Distillery – Passing Round of the Quaich
- 19:00 – Raasay Distillery – Torches Lights & Procession from the Distillery
- 19:30 – The Boathouse – Bonfire
- 19:30-Late – The Boathouse – BBQ & BYOB in the Boathouse
- 20:00 – Raasay House – 3 Course Evening Menu with a Raasay While We Wait dram or cocktail – £35 per person (book a table >>)
Artwork for the event has been created by our hugely talented team member Mary Grieve. Find out more about her work on her website at www.marygrieve.com